Let's Get Motivated and ROCK That Body!!!



Thursday, June 23, 2011

Nifty Apps for Your Phone That Can Help You Stay On Track

Nowadays, I know nearly everyone has some sort of smartphone and if you are like me, it is slam packed full of rockstar applications that help you track stuff and games to keep you occupied whenever you are waiting around for a meeting or appointment. 

Today I would like to share some of the applications that I have either seen or that I use on my Iphone.  Now before I start, I don't want to get too techy and nerdy but I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Iphone.  Alright, alright...  I get it.  get on with it right?  :)  Here are some of the applications that I have on my Iphone:



This application from Everyday Health is a marvelous tool that you can use to choose more healthy snacks in the 50, 100, and 200 calorie ranges.  I alos gives you ideas on activities that you can do to burn those same calories.



Lose It! is another great application that I use quite frequently.  Here you can set up a daily calorie budget, your goals, and compare with other friends that use this application.  I started with the Lose It! application.  You can click on the goal button and configure your starting weight, current weight, and goal weight.  It will show it in a graph and suggest a healthy daily calorie budget according to you goal. 

Jillian Michaels Slim-Down Solution icon

Everyone know America's toughest trainer!!!  Jillian Micheals has an application for Iphone called Jillian Micheals Slim Down.  This application gives you daily tips to keep you on track, exercises for specific areas that you might want to improve, circuit workouts, recipes, and Jillian herself giving you motivation and advice.  If you have any of this woman's DVDs, then you know she knows what she is talking about!!!



This is a fairly new application for me.  In fact my good friend from  Taylor Made Home introduced me to this application today. (*pst...go check her blog out for wonderful home decorating and organizing tips!!!!)  This application allows you to track your food and exercises in a log and alos link up with friends to help you stay on track.

I hope that you try some of these out and tell me what you think of them!!!  Do you think that a program such as one of these would be beneficial to you when they are available at your fingertips?  What other applications have you come across that you like to help you with your diet and exercise?

1 comment:

  1. Going to see if I can download the snack app now!!

    ReplyDelete

Give me any feedback that you can think of!!! Do you like this post, what kind of posts would you like to see that relates to this post?