Let's Get Motivated and ROCK That Body!!!



Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fitness Tunes




Have you ever got set to go for a run and when you put your headphones in, you seem to spend more time skipping song after song after song that you have already heard it seems like a thousand times?  Well maybe it is time to revamp your Ipod.  I had to do this not to long ago because I was in the same shoes.  I was getting so frustrated in having to skip song after song because I just couldn't listen to it any longer!!!  When I was on deployment, as bad as it sounds, the best workouts I had was when I was so mad or fed up with everything!!  I would throw on the most fast pace rocking song I could find on my ipod and run for miles!!!  And, I know that makes me sound like a phsycopath, but when I finished my workout, I felt so much better, my anger had dissipated and my muscles were so very sore!!  But it worked for me in both directions.  If I were to put on some uplifting fast pace music with a solid beat to run with, then the same results came. 

My husband has always told me that music was not imparative to a workout and that I shouldn't listen to music because I needed to focus on what muscles I was using and what i was doing to train.  I have to DISAGREE!!  I mean come on!!  Running is quite repetitive and if you aren't careful, you will get burnt out easily (of course, unless you are like Micheal Johnson!!!).  I mean who really enjoys to run that much!!!

Here are some songs that I have on my Ipod or have had at some point:  (I understand though that everyone's tastes are different and you should go with what you enjoy to listen to!)



"Never Again"  Kelly Clarkson
"Addicted"  Saving Abel
"American Woman"  Lenny Kravitz
"Bad"  Micheal Jackson
"Burning Down the House"  The Used
"Champion" Chipmunk (feat. Chris Brown)
"Country Grammar"  Nelly
"Crickets on a Line"  Colt Ford
"Dream On"  Aerosmith
"I'm Moving On"  Rascal Flatts (cool down)

These are some of the songs I have but obviously, music taste definitely vary!!!  The point is try to get a good play list on you ipod or music player to help get you motivated to get going.  Try it, and maybe it will work for you!!!
 

2 comments:

  1. Following you from SITS! :-) www.erinsfitlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting!!! Thank you for following me!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Give me any feedback that you can think of!!! Do you like this post, what kind of posts would you like to see that relates to this post?